BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Monday 7 November 2011

Emailing The Record Label

In order to be abke to put the music video on to YouTube we do not want to risk the video being taken off the site as the music may be copyrighted. We were advised to either email or write a letter to the record label to gain the rights to use the track. As the record label is based in America, I felt it would be easier to email the label so that if they did reply we would be able to get the approval fast so we could continue with the filming and editing process. I had to go to a variety of steps in order to complete this.



To start off with, I typed in to wikipedia 'maroon 5' and on the right hand side it had the record label that the band were currently signed with.


Secondly, I then went on to the record labels wikipedia page in order to hopefully find the email adress however that cannot be found.


I then went on to the record labels actual website and clicked on 'contact' and straight away there was the email address.


Once knowing the email address I was able to draft the email, I thoughht carefully of how to phrase it.


I then sent the email and hopefully I will get an email back in the near futute.

0 comments: