BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Weekly Log 21st & 23rd November

On Monday's lesson, we split into two groups again as we thought this could help save some time. Louise carried on editing the footage we had left, whilst me, Bijal and Evie started to plan our Digipak CD Cover. We did this on paper as we thought it would be easier to brainstorm our ideas rather than going straight into it on the computer.
Once we had our designs sorted, I started to work on the back cover as this was one of the easiest bits to do and also because we didn't have the images we needed for the front and inside. Making the back wasn't to much of a challenge as I was used to using Photoshop.
As the opening scenes to our music video had been lost on the schools computer Evie, Louise and Bijal went back to the location we originally filmed at, whilst I stayed in school and finished the back page.

On Wednesday me and Bijal went back to the media suite after school to carry on editing our video - as we couldn't find our new footage we then had to re-upload it all and convert it. This took quite a long time so we lost a lot of editing time, which we didn't need to be wasting. Whilst this was happening I finished off the last bits on the back page of our DigiPak.
Bijal took the pictures we needed for the inside and front cover of our digipak, so she sent them to me so I could start editing them at home. The idea we originally planned didn't look as good as we thought it would so I started to experiment with different techniques. When editing one of them I quite liked the white writing and then discovered that i also liked the red, so sfter trying different things I was left with 6 final designs.
I sent them to the other three to see
what they thought of them. Bijal said that she liked them however the layout and style didn’t fit our song genre. Louise’s favourite is the red one to the left with white writing, as she said she liked the circle, however she said it may look better if the faces have all different expressions. Evie quoted 'I really liked this unique idea that Stephanie thought of, as it is very effective and looks professional. It is something that I would expect to see in a store, the one I like the most is the red one as it stands out and red is the main theme for our music video as it relates to The Rolling Stones.' Personally, my favourites are the two red ones to the left mainly because it follows
the colours we have been using, and although it doesn’t fit the ‘pop’ genre for the particular song we chose, it does fit the genre of the band.
After taking all of there comments into account we are going to try a few more ideas before we pick a final one.

0 comments: